Proud Mom

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm Baaacckkkk!!!!!!!!
I made it back from vacation, but just barely. We tried to leave last Wednesday, but with all the fog we were stuck at the airport. We got up at 3 am, left for the airport at 5am, because our flight was at 7am, but we tried to leave on 4 different flights and finally left the airport on a flight to Miami at 1:30. When we arrived in Miami, we had to get on the escalator to get to the shuttle bus area and my hubbys' luggage got stuck on the escalator, but I was already on the escalator behind his bag, which means I fell over the bag and on to the escalator. Which left some nice knots and bruises on my legs. We get a shuttle to the hotel and when we get there I look at my hubby and demand a drink NOW!!!!!! We go to the hotel bar and order drinks and nachos, which the bartender proceeds to dump the guacamole in my lap. That is the first 22 hour day. We arrive the next evening and am just exhausted. I went horseback riding on Friday which was just an exercise in hanging on. On saturday they had the awards ceremony and dinner, we finished dinner and tried to head back to the room. It was pouring down rain so we tried to walk to our room inside the hotel, but we got lost and had to ask for help, which the security guard was glad to provide. As we were going at top speed to the room I came around a corner and hit a puddle of water and wiped out big time. I think next time I might just stay at home.
The rest of the trip was wonderful and the hotel and weather was gorgeous. I will post pictures soon. But for right now I think I will just sit in my chair and try to recover from my vacation.
Have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

    Oh my gosh...I am glad to here you made it home in one piece.
    I bet the Dominican Republic was nice though.
    Good to have you back.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home