Proud Mom

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Tomorrow is officially Memorial Day and today I went to church and learned somethings about that observance that I didn't know. It seems that the observance of this day has declined in the last few years, actually since 1971, I think that is a disgrace and the men and women who died in the line of duty to this country would be absolutely horrified to discover that they have been so soon forgotten. I also learned that at 3:00 PM where ever you are you are supposed to observe a moment of silence. I hope you will remember to do this tomorrow, it is such a small price to pay for all the freedoms we have in this country. I hope this Memorial Day will see an increase of the observance of the true meaning of this day. To honor those who have fallen while fighting for our freedom and to maybe take time to salute those who still are fighting for that freedom today.

God Bless American and all her Soldiers
Barb

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home