Proud Mom

Friday, May 26, 2006

I am taking time this Memorial Day Weekend to say a special thank you to all of our soldiers who are still in I raq fighting for our freedom. I pray everyday for there safe return. Not just for the ones we know but even the ones we have never heard of and probably will never know.
I also want to say a special thank you to two people who started me on this journey, my daughter Michelle, who returned from Iraq in November, I am so proud of you everyday, I see the changes you have gone through and how they have made you grow and mature. I know this past year has been rough on you and in some ways being home has even been more difficult, but you have handled everything with great grace and dignity.
I also want to remember Gavin Colburn for without his sacrifice I truly believe Michelle would not be here. We love you and miss you terribly and we will never, never forget you and all that you have done not just for us, but for all of America. I pray someday we will see you again and get to tell you how much you mean to us.
I hope that we all take time, especially this Memorial Day to take time to say a prayer for all our troops and their families.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home