Proud Mom

Thursday, May 03, 2007

I know that I promised an update on my mom, so here it goes. She had her surgery yesterday at 8:30am, she was in recovery until about 2pm. She came through the surgery just fine, when she got back to her room she had no pain at all. The blood pressure was high, but that seems just to be a side effect of the anesthesia, because it is back down today. The hospital said she was doing good today, she walked down the hall with no walker and no pain, just like normal. They also said that she will probably go home and not back to the nursing home. I am waiting for them to call me and let me know if she got home. I couldn't go to the hospital today, I had too much to do here, because I have the bubby tonight because mom and dad have drill this weekend. It seems though that mom has some lingering memory problems, which I feel is the onset of dementia or Alzheimer's, something my dad and sister do not want to admit. I'm sure this will be an ongoing thing and something we will have to deal with soon. So things are progressing really well, but like I said there will probably be somethings we will have to deal with in the near future. Thanks for all the prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:32 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

    Glad to hear that things went well with your mom. My mom has the same memory problems. She is on aricept. They say the sooner you get them on it the better it works. I do see a difference in my mom. She does remember things a little better.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home