Proud Mom

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer
Finally the barn roof is done. Hopefully that is the last big project for the summer. I would like to take a little break and enjoy the outside.
I have also been buying and propagating some new plants, especially cactus. I have found some really neat ones at the local Lowe's and I got some starts from my neighbors and friends. Hopefully they will last through the winter. My hubby told me I probably won't be able to fit all of them in the house, but by golly I will make them fit. I just love any kind of plant and I just got the new tropical plant catalog and they are all reasonably priced.
We did have a short vacation. We wen t to Gatlinburg for 7 days and man did we spend the money on gas for the big diesel truck. One time we stopped and filled the tank and it was $142.00, we just about had heart failure. Hope you are all enjoying the summer. Relax while you can.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:46 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

    Hi Barb,
    Glad you got that barn finally done.
    Soon summer will be over and we'll be preparing for Christmas.
    Where does the time go?
    Sounds like you got a good hobby going with the cactus. I never tried to grow cactus.
    Anyhow, I wanted to say hi and see what was going on at your place.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home