Proud Mom

Monday, October 31, 2005

New unit takes over officially today! Gosh just about another week or less and they will be headed out of country and getting a flight back to the states. Really great to be able to type that. Everybody here is getting so excited we can hardly contain ourselves. I washed and packed some clean clothes to take to Michelle, she said she didn't want to bring any of the clothes she has had on this tour of duty home with her, they have seen there better days. We are busy making arrangements as to hotel stays and when we are leaving for sure, seems to be sometime early next week, it is a 14 hour drive for us to the unit where they are landing and being debriefed at, so we will definitely take more than 1 day to get there. I will try to keep you all posted as the days are being counted down.

I can't wait until we can all say that our soldiers are headed home for good. I know alot of the people who have visited my site are counting the days, I am so glad for them and their families, believe me I know how they are feeling right now and what they will be feeling as the days go by. Sometimes the days seem to drag but then all the sudden the day is here and wow, you thought you had more time. Glad they seem to mostly go fast. I will post more later.

Have a good and safe day!!!!!!!!
Barb

4 Comments:

  • At 6:24 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

    I am waiting with you and praying with you.
    Barb is she getting to come home earlier than expected or has she been there as long as she was expected to be? I am so hoping that Dan gets some of his time chopped off of his deployment. If he doesn't, then that means I have until June. UGH!

     
  • At 7:03 AM , Blogger barb pfister said...

    She has been over there one full year. No more no less. She left to go over there last september and by the time she was deployed and in country it was november. Sorry to dash your hopes but you never know what the military will do.

     
  • At 7:20 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

    They didn't train her for 6 months? Dan left last Jan. and got to Iraq the end of June. they trained him for 6 months at Camp Shelby and Ft. Irwin. His deployment was 18 months. Was Michelle's deployment only 14 months? If so, it still gives me hope. I guess I am grasping for straws.
    When you look ahead you think 7 months...UGH!

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger barb pfister said...

    No, no six months of traing she got home from ait in may and got her papers in July. 12 months from in country to home. Ain't the army grand.

    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home