Proud Mom

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Got a phone call from Michelle this morning( around 3 am), she talked to me and her dad for about an hour. It was really great to talk to her and hear how she seems to be more and more like her old self. We had a really good talk and she is very busy and trying to get things ready to come home in about a month and a half(gosh I have been waiting to say that). She also told us that she received a purple heart yesterday at a ceremony at camp and a few other medals that I can't remember the names to. I am so proud of her, I could bust!!!!!! We talked about how hard it was to get those medals and remember the reason she received those and how she would rather just have Gavin back, but I think she really is doing much better with the memories. Even though she said she felt very weird hanging around with the generals and colonels. I just thought you all would like to know that we have heard from her and that she is doing well and enjoying being back on the road. Even though things are not any better over there, she at least feels she is doing her part once again. I am really very proud of her and all our soldiers for the sacrifices they and their families are making every day.

Have a great day,
Barb

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

    So glad to hear about Michelle's recognition. I thank her for being so brave and serving our country.
    I will pray extra hard for her until she returns safe and sound from her new mission. May God Bless her and keep her safe.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home